Free Fingerlings for Aquapons

Information

Free Fingerlings for Aquapons

A group for those of you willing to donate fingerlings (tilapia, koi, catfish, etc) to other Backyard Aquapons and the those needing them.

Let's help each other! There is strength in unity. Let's make a better world through aquaponics!

Members: 146
Latest Activity: Apr 7

Discussion Forum

Tilapia Fingerlings

Started by Dennis Brooks Dec 9, 2013. 0 Replies

Looking for some tilapia fingerlings in the LA or Ventura area of southern Ca.

Tags: Fingerlings

Free Fingerlings in Oklahoma!

Started by SW. Last reply by James Moss Dec 9, 2013. 2 Replies

Randy Proctor is offering free fingerlings for those in the Jay Oklahoma area!If you are within driving distance of Jay Oklahoma and he is willing to share.  You must pick them up and have a portable…Continue

Tags: fingerlings, tilapia

Looking for fingerlings, free or otherwise...

Started by Scott Davis. Last reply by Ron Faulkner Jun 18, 2013. 1 Reply

I'm in Leoti, KS., western Kansas and need to find sources,, about to put my system together and thought I should get started looking or alls for not.....ThanksScottContinue

Seeking tilapia in Central Ca

Started by Leo Aug 5, 2012. 0 Replies

Hello,In Bakersfield ca, looking for tilapia would love to find somebody in the area to buy from. Just getting started;)Continue

Comment Wall

Comment

You need to be a member of Free Fingerlings for Aquapons to add comments!

Comment by Keith Rowan on June 2, 2013 at 11:34am

the raft bed only provides the surface area of the "box" and the bottom of the rafts.. media beds, provide much more surface area.. i wouldn't really consider the wicking beds as filtration unless they were "flow through"

to grow that many fish, i would turn the raft into a media bed..

and probably add at least some mechanical filtraion - tilapia are pretty sloppy fish

Comment by Jamie on June 1, 2013 at 5:39pm
Or would you suggest turning one of the raft beds into a media bed
Comment by Jamie on June 1, 2013 at 5:38pm
Keith Rowan. Should I not have more to equate for the 400 gallons of floating raft beds and 50 gallons of wicking baskets?..
Comment by Jamie on June 1, 2013 at 5:32pm
Thank you so much. My system should be ready real soon. Then I will meet up with you. Thank you so much. What town do you live in
Comment by Larry Reinhardt on May 30, 2013 at 5:19pm

Jamie I have 40 + fingerlings you can have to get you started. I believe that will be enough for your system for now.

Comment by Keith Rowan on May 30, 2013 at 12:01pm

jamie,, you may want to reconsider your stocking density.. with only 200 gallons of media (growbeds) you should stock to grow 50lbs of fish (get 50 fingerlings to grow out to 1lb each)

Comment by Jamie on May 29, 2013 at 7:12pm
Hello . Nice to meet everyone. I am an avid square foot gardener for many years, and have recently fell in love with aquaponics. I don't think there is a video on YouTube or a website I have not visited yet. I am currently in the construction phase of my system. I am working on a CHOP 2 system. I have a 600 gallon tank, a 200 gallon sump, 2x 100gal, media beds, 4x 100 gal raft beds an I tied in 10 self watering wicking buckets. I definately have the bug. I am getting close to starting my first fishes cycle. I know with my volume of water that I should have @200 fish in my system, but think I will start with 100. any insight on whether or not I should start with 100 would be greatly appreciated. also in about 6 weeks I will be looking to stock my tank with blue Tilapia. if anyone would be willing to donate a few fingering or fry to get me started I would be much appreciative...... I will most defiantly pay it forward in return.... thank you all.... I am so looking forward to this new project. I live in the Orlando Florida area and am looking forward to meeting other aquapods in this area.
Comment by Ivette on May 20, 2013 at 10:38pm
Hi everyone. I will be building a three 55 gallon tank system soon. At 3-5 gallons per fish, that'$ 11 to 18 fish i need for my first system. Does anyone have this many fish they can give me in the Miami or South Florida area? I can trade 55 gallon barrels for the fish. Thank you,

Ivette in Miami
Comment by Steve Manning on March 16, 2013 at 3:08pm

Anyone want to trade some blue tilapia for some catfish?  Orlando FL.  I want to trade around 20 fish.  They are bigger then fingerlings.  Even if its months from now when breeding comes back into play.  Keep me in mind. My blue tilapia came from Larry.  

Thanks everyone,

Steve...

Comment by Maurice Person on March 5, 2013 at 2:40pm

Just growing food for my community in Kansas CIty.  But as soon as they get big enough. I want to start breeding them for Heirloom Tilapia and Catfish.  Keep it in the Family....

Members (146)

© 2014   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service